My fellow blogger friend, Dawn, did this gratitude post last year and it was awesome, so I am joining in again this year. Read my list and then see below for how to join in!
50 Things I am Grateful For, and/or Made Me Happy in 2016
- My son
- My husband
- My house – making it feel more like a home
- Potty training my son – no small feat
- Getting pregnant and all the anticipation that comes with that
- My health
- My family’s health
- My ability to practice self care
- Reading to my son, both with and without my husband
- Watching my son grow and learn with amazement and pride
- Hillary Clinton
- The hope that Hillary’s campaign brought to my life
- Last Week Tonight – you know, John Oliver’s show
- Discovered The Newsroom – makes me wish that show was real
- The local moms I have met and gotten to know. They are so kind and willing to help me out. Giving me baby things and watching my son for free – it’s amazing and I am so thankful.
- My OB. I found a new one and she’s funny and smart and no-nonsense.
- My Portland friend who listens and helps without blinking an eye. Thank you.
- Blogging and writing. I hope to do more of it…someday.
- Sleep. I’m on the verge of not getting much anymore, and so I cherish it now.
- The new bed we bought this year. Seriously.
- Trips into Portland for good food.
- Trips to California to see our families.
- My family of origin, who visit and help out and love me and my son.
- Thankful that I am ready for baby to come, and also ready for Christmas. The feeling brings peace when her arrival is so unpredictable.
- The look on my kid’s face when he’s discovering something new, exciting, enchanting, or delicious.
- Singing, and music.
- Really good books. Like Amy Schumer’s book, which I just finished.
- Alan Rickman.
- Harry Potter. I can’t wait to share these stories with my kids!
- Robin Williams. I still end up quoting him almost once a day.
- Laughter. Especially the shared kind.
- Baking. (and eating what I bake) I don’t do it nearly enough.
- A really neatly wrapped present.
…aaaaaaand the timer just went off, so here I stop.
UPDATE: So I totally thought of a few more things after I originally posted this, so I am adding them here:
34. Yoga. It centers me, it calms me, it makes me feel strong.
35. Barack Obama. I am REALLY going to miss that guy.
36. Michelle Obama. She is a class act and an amazing role model and source of hope. When they go low, she goes high.
37. The snow, when it insulates the world and makes everything magically QUIET.
38. The pouring rain, when I am inside and warm and cozy in bed.
39. Summer. My god, summer.
Want to do this too?! GREAT! Here’s how:
- Set a timer for 15 minutes
- Just write as many things as you can, even if you go over or stay under the 50
- Then add links, photos, whatever, after the timed part is over
- Publish it, and link back to Dawn’s post or mine (or both) and if you wanna be included in the InLinkz, see instructions on Dawn’s post.
I’m definitely not done with 2016 yet, but so far, it’s been real.