You know how when you’re traveling with kids on a plane your only goal, besides getting to your destination, is that your kid not be the worst-behaved child on the plane?
Not the loudest? Not the most screamy?
Well, today we failed.
We tried and we failed.
We had a great vacation, and now it’s over. On one hand, I’m really happy to be home and have my own space and privacy. But on the other, all our support is gone and now we have to go back to doing everything ourselves.
And oh my GLOB, Oregon is freaking cold.
In closing, a haiku:
Get me through this flight
Crying, screaming, thrashing, sigh
I am so tired
NaBloPoMo Day 28
I got nothin today, folks. Not a real post, at least. (I often start out a post saying this, and then end up writing a post. This is now a post.)
Sometimes (most of the time) I feel like my husband and I are just scrambling to try and keep this household and our family running somewhat smoothly. We are stretched, our energy is so limited, and if something goes wrong – speaking for myself – I get overwhelmed very, very quickly. Today was one of those days where shit went wrong, but, miraculously, quality good times were also had. No wonder I feel like I have mood swings. My mood swings have mood swings.
- The weather suuuuucked today. Non-stop rain made me want to stay in bed.
- Our furnace broke today, so our house is effing cold. I can’t stand being cold.
- I want to strangle my cat, or at least forcibly remove her vocal chords. She wakes me up, wakes our kids up, and anyone who disturbs my sleep who is not one of my kids is DEAD TO ME.
- Met a friend for breakfast and found THREE friends waiting for me at breakfast. It was a very lovely time out.
- Snotty wet kisses from mah babes.
- The boyman coming home from work in the middle of the day to troubleshoot the furnace issue.
- Laughed til I peed borrowed diet coke about bible references and street names for drugs. (You had to be there.) We got matching shirts, we’re gonna study, and we’ll be back next time to kick ass and take names, PDX Trivia! Should my callsign be Turnip or Scalene?
Tomorrow is a new day, with its own highs and lows.
NaBloPoMo Day 15