I am doing my friend Dawn’s New Years gratitude exercise this year! Please do it with me! Go check out her blog post explaining how it’s done.
Basically, I set a timer for 15 minutes and wrote down everything I could think of that made me happy and/or that I am grateful for. I like the list I came up with! Enjoy.
- My husband
- my children
- their silliness and laughter
- a warm bed
- my health
- anti-anxiety medication
- my naturopath
- warm, sunny weather
- the ability to travel
- my mom’s homemade fudge
- a full night’s sleep
- captivating, original movies
- books that inspire me
- michelle obama
- ellen degeneres
- making plants grow
- music that makes me want to sing and dance
- my son going to preschool
- my MOMS Club friends!
- my home
- a satisfying home-cooked meal
- feeling safe, secure, supported
- having events on the calendar to look forward to
- baking for my kids
- receiving artwork from my kids
- hearing my kids spontaneously say “I love you”
- seeing my kids play together
- knowing that my husband has my back, no matter what
- a well organized playroom, kitchen, closet…..okay household
- breakfast food
- being in nature
- writing blog posts
- being able to talk to friends who are far away like no time has passed
- social media…for mini-breaks during the day and a way to feel connected to others
- my new harry potter slippers
- my new hot/cold neck wrap
- the absence of migraines
- high-quality hand cream
- this chapstick that tastes and smells like vanilla
- fun earrings!
- any day I have the time and energy to do my hair/makeup/jewelry
- finding myself after slowly emerging from the baby stage of parenting
- watching my kids grow and change
- the time and space to exercise my creativity and be in flow
- looking forward to my youngest entering preschool when I’ll gain more crucial time to myself
- aaaaaand my 15 minutes is up!
I was thinking the other day, and I want to say that 2018 is the first year that’s felt better for me than the previous year since…2012. Seriously, I’ve had a very tumultuous life the last 6 years. A whole lot of excitement, change, stress, challenges, anxiety…sleep deprivation. I’m tired, but I’m hopeful. I hope 2019 is even better. If I have anything to say about it, it will be.
Happy New Year, everyone! I’m thankful for everyone who reads this.