I got nothin today, folks. Not a real post, at least. (I often start out a post saying this, and then end up writing a post. This is now a post.)
Sometimes (most of the time) I feel like my husband and I are just scrambling to try and keep this household and our family running somewhat smoothly. We are stretched, our energy is so limited, and if something goes wrong – speaking for myself – I get overwhelmed very, very quickly. Today was one of those days where shit went wrong, but, miraculously, quality good times were also had. No wonder I feel like I have mood swings. My mood swings have mood swings.
- The weather suuuuucked today. Non-stop rain made me want to stay in bed.
- Our furnace broke today, so our house is effing cold. I can’t stand being cold.
- I want to strangle my cat, or at least forcibly remove her vocal chords. She wakes me up, wakes our kids up, and anyone who disturbs my sleep who is not one of my kids is DEAD TO ME.
- Met a friend for breakfast and found THREE friends waiting for me at breakfast. It was a very lovely time out.
- Snotty wet kisses from mah babes.
- The boyman coming home from work in the middle of the day to troubleshoot the furnace issue.
- Laughed til I peed borrowed diet coke about bible references and street names for drugs. (You had to be there.) We got matching shirts, we’re gonna study, and we’ll be back next time to kick ass and take names, PDX Trivia! Should my callsign be Turnip or Scalene?
Tomorrow is a new day, with its own highs and lows.
NaBloPoMo Day 15
I love the title. I feel the exact same way. There are sooooo many ups and downs in just one day and it’s extremely hard to maintain sanity when it feels that things are out of control.
My vote is SCALENE!!! :)
Thanks. Yeah, often the days feel sooo long that by the end if the day, the beginning feels like it was yesterday.
I think everyone should vote on people’s callsigns. I think yours should be Rage Against the Machine!
Ha Ha! I love that idea. We’ll have to discuss our callsigns at the next one. :)
Life with children is challenging. So when shit happens I just go yup and put my hands in my pockets. You have what I call a normal blog. No fancy bells and whistles like the dog blogger who walks his dog over the great wall of china under the eiffel tower and over the London Bridge or the food blogger who you never see with peanut butter on toast with coffee.
Only my pockets are usually full of snot-ridden Kleenex (also normal), so maybe I’ll just flip off my kids and cat behind their backs.