We are flooding the interwebs with positivity and gratitude today, Psychos! After reading this, I hope you feel inspired to do the same.
I’m about to start a timer for 10 minutes (with a 2 minute grace period in case I am in the middle of an amazing thought when the first buzzer sounds) to list 50 things I am thankful for. Let’s see how I do.
Ready, set, GO!
- My cute, sweet son. He brings me joy.
- My husband. He supports me unlike any other.
- My health, my health, my health.
- That we have a cozy roof over our heads this winter season.
- My education.
- Cookies. My mom just sent my favorite kind in the mail!
- My mom!
- The rest of my family of origin.
- Books. They take me to another place when I feel crappy in the place where I’m at.
- Movies, especially gooey Christmas ones at the moment. Just watched Love Actually…squee!
- Socks. My feet are always cold.
- Modern medicine. Because illness sucks.
- My ability to learn new things.
- My husband’s patience with me…because being a SAHM is hard, and too often I take my frustrations out on him.
- String cheese. Well, all kinds of cheese for that matter.
- Friends, especially the kind who tell you that you’re just as messed up as everyone else.
- My cat, even though she barfs on the floor.
- Jokes and humor and laughing. Because I’d die otherwise.
- Coffee. Like, good coffee. Not coffee I make myself.
- (shit, I am halfway through my time limit!) Common sense people. Like, non-cray peeps.
- Sunny days! MY GOD, THE SUN!
- Swear words. They are always funny. Fuck.
- Having the means to travel. Going to new places renews me.
- Cutting down our own Christmas tree, and how it smells.
- Ice cream. (How did I not write this yet?!)
- Clean water coming out of the tap.
- Living in America.
- Indoor plumbing.
- Cereal! I eat it everyday.
- The fact that I got through school before the time of social media.
- People who go out of their way to be kind.
- The Daily Show.
- Music that makes me wanna sing and dance – like Bruno Mars.
- Having dance parties with my son.
- Making my son laugh.
- A warm, comfy bed.
- (Ok, so my 10 minutes just ran out….time to start the 2 minute grace period.) Farts. They be funny.
- Old people.
- Cherry coke.
- Vivid dreams.
- Being privileged enough so I am able to help others.
- Frosting. (Whew!)
NOW YOU! – What are you thankful for?
Swear words. They are ALWAYS funny.
Fuck yeah, they are!
OMG 34. I would have never finished school if there had been a Facebook.
Fun to read your notes to your readers as you were creating your list!
Oh good. I kinda just wrote whatever was racing through my mind.