Hello my Psychos!
As you all may or may not know…..*dramatic pause*…..I am getting married.
(And by know, I mean you’ve all vomited every time you’ve seen the words “wedding” or “love” or “matrimonial discharge” on my blog in the past 6 months. I’m sorry…that you all have such weak stomachs.)
At some point in this journey, Emily from The Waiting very bitchily declared herself my online bridesmaid, and I said she could gladly have the honor as long as I got the naming rights to her next child. I can’t wait to meet Sylvester P. Asskicker and give him/her ve’s first dangerous sharp object.
But Melissa, you’re thinking, What does the “p” stand for?
You ready for this jelly?
You’re welcome, little bundle of sex appeal that has yet to exist!
But I digress. Emily’s bitchiness, besides adding kindling to the fiery rage within my heart, also gave me a really awesome idea.
Why should the joy associated with my upcoming nuptials be limited to those savory characters I know in the fleshy realm? If Emily can be my online bridesmaid, then why not have a whole online bridal party…bachelorette party…online wedding ceremony complete with a hunky online husband-to-be?!
Why not INDEED.
First things first- I needs me someone to online marry! Now, let me be clear: while no one, and I mean no one, could replace the real-life manly cuteness that is my Brian Boyman…I still get to choose me an online fiance who ignites the burning in my loins and makes my ovary do flips. Without a second thought, the perfect man for this online job goes to……..
…Shirtless Ryan Gosling!
I know, we’re so excited! We can’t wait to start our online life together!
Now I’ve stopped gushing for the moment, this is where y’all come in, y’all. I need me some
imaginary people online bloggers to help me escape the hell of planning a wedding celebrate the most amazing time in my life!
Emily already butted into my bubble of joy, and for that, she’s getting promoted – Girl, you’re now officially my online Matron of Honor! Now I need all my Psychos (yes, you….and all the voices inside your head) to fight to the death to help me make this online wedding a non-reality!
Basically, we’re gonna have an online event (in the form of a blog post or posts) for every wedding event that takes place in the real world – bridal shower, bachelorette party, rehearsal dinner, the wedding itself – and everyone who earns a role will get to contribute.
Here’s how to become a part of the action:
1. State in a comment two things: who you’re nominating (yourself or someone else), and for which role from the below list.
2. The person who is nominated must draft a well thought out (or drunkenly typed) answer to the question or prompt posed that corresponds to your chosen role, and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31st 11:59pm PST
3. My matron of honor and I will judge the entries, and the winners will be posted at some date after March 31st when I decide to sober up.
4. Feel free to campaign for yourself via a post on your own blog. I’ll also accept bribes in the form of chocolate, human babies, and human babies covered in chocolate. When shipping, please overnight them. I hate spoiled babies.
5. Also feel free to “vote” for your fellow bloggers by responding to their comment declarations with a LIKE or a boob squeeze.
Without further ado….Lyssa’s Bridal Party:
…don’t see a role you like?? Make one up!!
You can also tell me, in lieu of the above prompts, how you plan to ensure the safety of Shirtless Ryan Gosling and me in the event of a zombie outbreak, should one develop during the course of merriment and festivity-making.
Mrs. Shirtless Ryan Gosling-to-be